Digital inspiration published a useful tip to check if your computer is connecting to the INTERNET without your knowledge. Of course in most case a firewall properly configured should notify any unexpected connection to the INTERNET. But in some special case, the method proposed by Digital inspiration is useful to track what’s going on in the background. The method is reproduced below:
1. Type cmd in your Windows Run box.
2. Type "netstat -b 5 > activity.txt" and press enter. After say 2 minutes, press Ctrl+C.
3. Type "activity.txt" on the command line to open the log file in notepad (or your default text editor)
Then you just have to analyze the log file activity.txt for any unexpected program and/or website.
You might also be interested in these
- links for 2007-09-23
- Tips to encrypt Gmail and other Google services communication
- TorPark Another way to build a secure circuit for web surfing
- How to Predict the Weather Without a Forecast?
- Sigmund Freud’s priorities